Frequently Asked Questions
I cannot print to Konica Minolta 454e?
Usually when switching printers the Account Track setting gets un-check and does not allow the user to print this issue is more common in Mac users. Below is how to access the setting and make sure that account track is checked.
ENABLE ACCOUNT TRACK ON EACH COMPUTERNext, you need to set up account track on each computer that will print to the Konica on which Account Track was enabled.
On a Macintosh computer:
- Open the Print window of Microsoft Word or other application. Be sure that the printer you want to use is selected as the printer in the Printer field.
- In the Print window, click the Copies and Pages drop down menu then Output Method.
- In other programs the drop down menu may be the name of application being used (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint, TextEdit, etc.)
- In the Output Method window, check the box for Account Tracking.
- In the Account Track window, leave the Department name field blank; in the Password field enter the number you have been assigned.
- Click OK to go back to the Print window.
- In the Print window, click Presets and select Save Current Settings as Preset...
- Enter a Preset name such as Print with Account Track, then click OK.
- To make that preset the default, hold the Option (alt) key when choosing your preset, and it will become Default.
On a Windows computer:
- Open the Device and Printers control panel and right click the printer.
- Select Printer Properties from the menu that appears.
- Click the Configure tab.
- In the Device Option box select Account Track.
- Change the Setting field to Enable then click Apply.
- Click the Settings tab then the Authentication Settings button.
- Check the Popup Authentication Dialog when printing field then click OK twice.
- Right click the printer again and select Printing Preferences from the menu that appears.
- Click the Basic tab then the Authentication/Account Track button.
- Leave the Department Name field blank. In the Password field, enter the password for the account to which all print jobs from this computer should be attached.
- Click OK twice then close the Devices and Printers window.
PRINT WITH ACCOUNT TRACKOnce Account Track is set up on a Konica printer, any time someone tries to print, copy, scan or fax from that machine, they will be prompted to enter an account track code that had previously been set up. Without that code, they will not be able to use the device.
Last updated 02/24/2017 5:32 am
Please wait... it will take a second!